Stijn has 15 years of experience in shipping, ranging from break-bulk and chartering as a third party agent to controlling the European inland operations for a major container line.
Stijn holds an M. Sc. in Transport Economics and an executive MBA in general management from the University of Antwerp Management School.
At Drewry, Stijn has lead or contributed to several projects through desk based research as well as field trips in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. He brings distinctive insight into inland supply chain processes, inland terminals and multimodal transportation and regularly speaks about these topics at international conferences.
Besides that, Stijn has assisted numerous clients with bespoke market monitoring reports for dry and reefer container freight rates. Early 2014 he started looking after Drewry’s monthly spot rate publication Container Freight Rate Insight for 18 months and since January 2017 he writes the intermodal chapter in our monthly Sea and Air Shipper Insight publication.
- Advising on the market entrance strategy of the container freight payments market for a financial services provider;
- Conducting competitive hinterland analyses for port authorities, including recommendations for improvements on supply chain cost and processes. One project, in the UAE, included modelling and commercial evaluation of alternative inland terminal / warehouse concepts and customs regimes;
- Commercial due diligence work for participations in deep sea and inland container terminals;
- Advising Shippers on, and implementing multi-year Index Linked contracts for ocean freight;
- Performing market studies and trade route analyses / forecasts for shipping lines.